룩셈부르크 경제사절단 방한 관련 업데이트
강력한 무역 파트너인 대한민국과 룩셈부르크는 첨단 기술 및 디지털 분야의 리더이자 혁신의 선구자라는 공통점을 지니고 있습니다. 양국은 각각 유럽과 동/북아시아에 기업을 설립하거나 해당 지역에서의 활동 반경을 넓히고자 하는 기업에게 더할 나위 없이 훌륭한 플랫폼이 되어왔습니다.
룩셈부르크 부총리 겸 경제부 장관인 에티엔느 슈나이더(Etienne Schneider)를 수장으로 하는 경제사절단은 룩셈부르크 상공회의소 및 룩셈부르크 주요 기업과의 협력 하에 지난 7월 15일에서 18일까지 한국을 찾아 국내 회사들에게 주요 의사 결정자 및 굴지의 기업인과 만날 수 있는 다양한 기회를 제공하였습니다.
You can check out details of the Minister’s interview in CHosun ilbo where he cited “openness” as the secret to a stronger country. From being the financial hub, Luxembourg has also shifted its focus to space mining.
The Minister also appeared in a TV interview on Arirang’s the Chamber.
The interview focused on the economic cooperation between Korea and Luxembourg and highlighted the reason for the Minister’s visit and emphasised Luxembourg’s efforts to help start-up companies. During the mission, a memorandum of understanding was signed between the two countries to support start-up companies. The interview also mentioned Luxembourg’s initiatives in the area of space mining.
Interview in Aju Business Daily with the Executive Director of Luxembourg’s Trade and Investment Office in Seoul, Ms. Younhee Kim.
The interview focused on the role of the Trade and Investment office and Luxembourg’s start-up ecosystem.
You can also check out our video with testimonials from Koreans living and working in Luxembourg.
Luxembourg – your ideal gateway to Europe
Luxembourg is an ideal location from which Korean companies – start-ups as well as established firms – can launch or expand their business on the European market. Its many advantages include, for example:
- Excellent geographical location in close proximity to several of the EU’s leading consumer markets (notably Germany and France). 60% of the EU’s GDP can be reached by a one-hour flight.
- Highly skilled, multi-cultural and multi-lingual workforce, making it easy to work with customers and conduct business in different European countries.
- Business friendly environment with an attractive legal framework, and easy access to open-minded politicians, public authorities and administrations.
- Stable and reliable: world-leading GDP performance, most open economy in Europe, economic growth with an average of >4% over the last 5 years, increase in employment of over 50% in the last 15 years, reliable legal and regulatory system
- Outstanding digital capacities: ultra-low latency connection, state-of-the-art data centres, large investments in high performance computing, big data applications and artificial intelligence, centre of excellence in cybersecurity
- Attractive R&D and innovation incentives and favourable intellectual property rights regime
- Strong focus on developing key business sectors (digital economy, cybersecurity, space, smart mobility, clean technologies, logistics)
Luxembourg is also a great place to relocate international staff or recruit top talent. As one of the safest countries in the world, it offers an excellent quality of life and world-class health and education. Luxembourg has been ranked as the best place for expats to build an international career.