The website www.tradeandinvest.lu (the “Website”) and its subsequent websites (“Luxembourg Trade and Investment Offices” websites) are provided by Luxinnovation GIE, a Groupement d’Intérêt Economique incorporated under the laws of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg and registered with the Luxembourg Trade Register under number C16, whose registered office is at 5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux, L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette (“Luxinnovation” or “we“).
1. ABOUT COOKIES
Cookies are files stored on your device (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.) by your browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Opera, etc.). They are used to improve your online experience but also for other things, such as remembering whether you have visited our site before, matching content to your preferred interests or to help us analyse our traffic.
2. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
This websites use the following types of Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as the language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personalised features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Marketing cookies: We use third party cookies to provide you with more personalised and relevant content. Our analytics also help collect and compile information like the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. They cookies are not passing personally identifiable information to any external vendor or supplier, but are used for internal purposes only.
In addition to the above cookies, we use the open source web analytics platform “Matomo”. A web analytics platform is used by a website owner in order to measure, collect, analyse and report visitors data for purposes of understanding and optimizing their website.
The processing of personal data with Matomo is based on explicit consent. That is why we will not process any personal data with Matomo unless you give us clear explicit consent.
In principle, cookies do not identify you by name, but recognise certain identifiers issued by the browser of the device you use to visit the Website. We do not associate the information collected by the cookies with your personal data.
To find out more about Matomo: https://matomo.org/gdpr-analytics/
3. COOKIE SETTINGS
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Please remember if you turn off cookies in your browser then the settings would apply to all other websites as well, and not just this one.
To find out more information about cookies, including information about how to manage and delete cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutCookies.org/.
4. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Last modified date: 10 May 2022